Monday, November 22, 2010

Turnip Fries

The only way I know how to eat turnip is  to either eat it raw or cook it with dried shrimps as popiah fillings.  I happened to find "Turnip Fries" recipes online and thought it's something new to try.  Here are the steps :- http://chubbybunnyrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/06/turnip-french-fries.html
(1) Simply cut the turnip into strips
(2) Lay them on baking tray with baking sheet
(3) Sprinkle with a little oil if you like
(4) Sprinkle with a little salt and dried basil leaves
(5) Bake for 20 minutes at 180C
     
As I had selected fan oven mode to bake it (don't know why, maybe I was in "anyhow cook" mode that day), the fries turned out not looking like the normal fries, which didn't really look appetizing to my hubby.  So I decided to try another recipe, this time using the turbo convention mode, with paprika and parmesan cheese seasonings.  You can get the recipe from allrecipes.com - Crispy Turnip Fries.


"Umm..this looks more like french fries....not bad...but I still prefer to eat it raw with rojak." Hubby commented.  Well, I would say I quite like the new "french fries" idea.  Moreoever, it is healthier than eating those potato deep fried ones.

Turnip is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, magnesium, calcium, folate and is a good source of iron, and riboflavin.  For those who don't like to eat raw turnip but like to have a low-cal substitute for french fries can try baking this.


   













1 Comment:

مطبخ رمضان said...

thanks alot very much thanks

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online