Friday, November 12, 2010

Soupy Mushy

During one of my lunch break last week, I ordered mushroom mee suan soup at the food court near my office.  For some reason, the vendor forgotten that I had requested for mee suan, she gave me egg noodles instead.  It was not a very satisfying meal cos the vendor refused to change for me.  While I was eating, I surveyed the ingredients and thought it was a rather simple meal to prepare myself.

So I've decided to try it last night.  The ingredients I prepare are:
-ikan bilis (anchovies) soup stock
-straw mushroom (canned)
-enoki mushroom
-oyster king mushroom
-tomato
-fried shallot (for garnishing)

The ikan bilis soup stock was pre-boiled over the weekend and kept frozen.  I moved it to the lower fridge shelf this morning to defroze so that by the time I get home, I can start boiling the soup right away.

Hubby likes instant noodles, while I get to have my mee suan.  It's a pity I forgot to add the fried shallot and rearrange the mushrooms before taking this picture.


It only took 15 mins to prepare this meal.  I learnt that eating enoki mushroom with tomato aids blood circulation; so I thought why not since the colour also enhanced the bowl of soup.         

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online